Do you want to update your’s iDevice’s iOS? It is possible to do within few steps. There are two ways. One is it can update via iTunes. Other is you can update iDevices iOS without getting help with iTunes. Anyway, we provide you both ways. Then you can choose which way is easy, best and reliable for you. However, we recommend using iOS updated with iTunes.
The latest iOS version is 8.3 and within a next two month during the period all iPhone / iPad and iPod users would be able to use iOS 8.4 and iOS 9 versions. Apple already released third beta under iOS 8.4 version and first beta under iOS 9 versions. However, we are saying please keep away from these updates because no real solutions to jailbreak them. At the moment, jailbreak solutions only available under iOS 8.1.2 and below versions. So recommended do not upgrade your Device version beyond iOS 8.1.2 version. Use TaiG and PP jailbreak tools for iOS 8.1.2.
Even if you are able to update your iDevice’s iOS, want to check every single features support for the device. For an example, Siri feature is not supported for iPhone 3GS. Some Cydia apps are also not compatible for higher iOS. One of your favoured Cydia app of Six Icon Dock is not compatible with iOS 5.1.1. So before update your’s iOS version, make sure your favored apps compatible or not with it.
What are benefits of iOS update?
There are thousands of benefits of iOS update. When facing bug issues on current iOS version, an one and only way is IiOS update to remove them. When Apple’s wants to add new features and increase Device performance only way is iOS update.
Can customize the Device with iOS update?
IOS update only engage with Device default feature upgrade, and bug removed. So it is cannot customize the Device. For the Device customize, only solution is jailbreak. Users can be jailbreak with proper manner and after jailbreak, Cydia will be install automatically. Cydia download is the perfect and only solution for Device customize.
Can users skip iOS update?
Yes, every time users can skip iOS update. If do not have proper jailbreak solution, we are always recommended to skip iOS update. However, still if you are using Device without Cydia, no problem update your Device to latest iOS release.
Below has the both ways step guides, How to update iOS .
01. Run iTunes latest version.
If you are using iTunes less than 10.7, please update it. To do it go as below path.
Help — > Check for Updates.
02. Get back up your iDevice.
You can get the backup of your iDevice with iCloud. It is available 5 GB-free space. You have to buy more space in iCloud. Other wise you can save your backup with your computer.
* Connect your iDevice with your Computer
* Run iTunes.
* Disable iCloud on your iDevice.
Go to Settings– >iCloud — >Storage & Backup– > turn off iCloud backup switch.
* Right mouse button click on the device name in iTunes. Then choose “Back up”.
* You can choose “Back up to iCloud” or “Back up to this computer”.
03. Update iDevice’s iOS
In this step you can choose one method to update iOS from two methods, which I said earlier.
Update iOS wirelessly. (without iTunes)
Go to Settings — > General — > Software Update.
Then follow instructions to update iOS.
* Plug your iDevice to the PC with USB cable. Then iTunes will open automatically. If it is not, run iTunes.
* Find and click on your iDevice, from the list,which you can see the left side of theiTunes.
* Then you can see the message under version category “Check for Update” click on it.
* If you’re able to update iOS version, there will be a message as “Download and Update” or “Download”. Select any button to go to head.
04. Wait until download the iOS. It will be reboot automatically, after successfully finished the updated.